Ema has joined the Institute for Information Systems and New Media, Vienna University of Economics and Business, as a prae doc research and teaching assistant in November 2013. She received her Bachelor degree in Informatics, as well as her Master degree in Informatics and Education from the University of Rijeka, Department of Informatics. Her early research activities focused on open-source learning management systems and ubiquitous learning. Currently she is enrolled in a PhD program at the Vienna University of Economics and Business where she is pursuing her research interest in security-related topics in ubiquitous computing.
- Basics of ICT (Grundzüge der IKT)
- Ubiquitous (Pervasive) Computing
- Mobile Computing
Awards and Honors
- Erasmus scholarship for Study Exchange Program (academic year 2012/2013) - Karl Franzens University (Graz)
- Rector's Award from University of Rijeka in academic year 2010/2011
- Academic Excellence Scholarship from the University of Rijeka in academic year 2010/2011
- Kusen, E., Strembeck, M. (2016). A decade of security research in ubiquitous computing: results of a systematic literature review. International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications, 12(2), pp 216-259.
- Kusen, E., Hoic-Bozic, N. (2014). Use of New Technology in Higher Education: A Migration to a Cloud-Based Learning Platform. The 2nd International Workshop on Learning Technology for Education in Cloud, Springer Proceedings in Complexity 2014, pp 181-191
- Hoić-Božić, N., Holenko Dlab, M., Kušen, E. (2013). A Blended Learning Model for a "Multimedia Systems" Course. International Journal of Learning Technology. 8(2), pp 169-185.
- Kusen, E., Marinovic, M. (2013). An approach to Operations Research course in the curriculum for computer science students. International Scientific Colloquium: Mathematics teaching for the future, Osijek, March 2013, Pavlekovic, Margita, Kolar-Begovic, Zdenka, Kolar-Super, Ruzica, editor(s), pp 203-213.
- Hoić-Božić, N., Holenko Dlab, M., Kušen, E. (2012). A Blended Learning Model for "Multimedia Systems" Course. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Workshop on Learning Technology for Education in Cloud (LTEC'12). Uden, Lorna, Rodriguez, Emilio S. Corchado, De Paz Santana, Juan F., De la Prieta, Fernando, editor(s). Springer, pp 65-75.
- Kušen, E., Hoić-Božić, N. (2012). In search of an open-source LMS solution for higher education using a criterion-based approach. International Journal of Learning Technology (IJLT). 7(2), pp 115-132.
- R code: analysis of data extracted for a survey on security games. R code
- Animated GIFs (campaign-joining algorithm)
- G(n,p) network with 30 nodes & preferences A: GIF
- G(n,p) network with 30 nodes & preferences B: GIF