PROLIX is a 48 months research and development integrated project co-funded by the European Commission under the Sixth Framework Programme, Priority 2 "Information Society Technologies" started on December 1st, 2005.
The objective of PROLIX is to align learning with business processes in order to enable organisations to faster improve the competencies of their employees according to continuous changes of business requirements.
To reach this goal, PROLIX develops an open, integrated reference architecture for process-oriented learning and information exchange. PROLIX supports a complete learning process life cycle comprising:
- the analysis of complex business situations;
- the identification of individual and organisational learning goals;
- the analysis of competencies and their matching with individual skills;
- the definition of appropriate learning strategies and the simulation of competency-oriented processes;
- the execution of improved learning processes; and
- the monitoring of learners’ performance according to the goals defined.
PROLIX unites 19 partners from 9 different countries including two of the leading and largest European software vendors for Learning Management (imc Germany) and Learning Content Management (Giunti Interactive), the largest independent European business process management company (IDS Scheer), as well as leading European research partners in learning technology, didactics and cognition, and technology-enhanced learning software architecture.
For more information go to the project website or contact Bernd Simon.