Welcome to the Institute for Information Systems and New Media (in German: Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik und Neue Medien)
Our Institute provides courses in Information Systems for the Study Programs of Information Systems (Bachelor Program, Master Program) as well as for the Business Administration Programs of the University.
In research, the emphasis of our Institute is constructing and analyzing infrastructures for software-based Information Systems (see our research areas).
Top 10 hottest IT jobs for 2017
Data scientist, engineer, and UX designer are among the tech jobs that will be in demand in the new year. Read more.
High-demand cybersecurity skills in 2017
Read on which types of cybersecurity skills are in the highest demand.
Digitalisierung belebt den Arbeitsmarkt
Digitalisierung und die IKT-Branche beflügeln den Arbeitsmarkt. Lesen Sie mehr!
Master Program in Information Systems
Starting with the winter term 2012/13, our new Master Program in Information Systems will be launched at the WU Vienna. The Master Program is delivered completely in English as the teaching and examination language. Important details about the Master Program can be found at the Master's info site. Beware: Each application must be submitted online. Pay close attention to all information concerning
the admission process (including the admission requirements, deadlines etc.).
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- 1st Workshop on Bootstrapping Learning Analytics (BLAâ12) held at ICALT
- Call for Activities: EC-TEL 2012. Deadline April 2, 2012.
- Call for Position Papers: 4th International Conference on Computer Supported Education CSEDU 2012
- Joint European Summer School on Technology Enhanced Learning 2012
- ROLE Project wishes merry Christmas to everybody!
- ROLE presented at NEXT-TELL workshop (19.12.-20.12.2011)
- 3rd PLE Mediacast Award has been handed over to Margit Gruber & Fabian Ehrentraud – students of the ROLE Testbed at the University of Vienna
- Report from ROLE Developer Camp: One (developer) day in the life ofâ¦
Learn about our Research Projects